Fix Outlook Error '0X80040154'!
Microsoft Outlook application represents error 0×80040154 whenever you try to receive or send email messages. Following after this error message you are not able to send or receive email messages. In Outlook this error appears with the prefixed with ‘unknown error’ and requires your attention to fix “Receiving reported error 0x80040154”.
There are several reasons for the occurrence of this error. Unregistered files or some registry corruption are the general reasons for the corruption issue. If you are the user of Outlook 2003 then the inetcomm.dll is the problem root for this issue.
Here are some steps which are required to fix Outlook Error ‘0×80040154'.
- On your system, click ‘Start' and then ‘Run'.
- Type ‘regsvr32 inetcomm.dll' and restart your computer.
- Start Outlook application. If the problem is due to the unregistered inetcomm.dll file, you get the solution right here after performing these steps.
- But if the problem is due to other reason then you need to follow other steps. Start your computer in ‘Safe Mode with Networking'. Now start Outlook application. If the problem is related to the conflicting program or virus then uninstall problematic program and run antivirus software.
- If this is not solving your purpose. It means something else is the cause of this problem like corruption in Outlook application.
This is also possible that you are receiving reported error 0x80040154 just because of the corruption in Outlook. Due to the corruption you will not be able to send or receive email messages and get this outlook error. To fix Outlook error ‘0×80040154', first you need to fix the corruption issue.
Corruption is general issue of outlook but has no general impact on Outlook. Further with this error you will get problem to access stored email and in future you may lost them. To fix this issue and to save out stored email message you need to repair corrupted mail stored .pst file and for that you can use third party inbox repair tool
which is quite good enough to repair corrupted pst file.
After fixing corruption issue you will be able to fix this outlook error and able to send or receive email messages without having any problem. This software supports Outlook 2002, 2003n 2007 outlook versions