Repair Your PST Files using Inbox Repair Tool!
When any kind of corruption occurs in the Microsoft Outlook and you are unable to gain the access the files that you were saved on the outlook
then there are chances that you will lose the files forever if you don’t take the right step. Microsoft Outlook has made the tool to solve this issue and named it as scanpst.exe. It is also refereed as Inbox Repair Tool. This software is useful in the condition when you are having troubles with your Microsoft Outlook. It happens when the PST and OST files are corrupted. It is advisable that first use this software to repair the files. It is capable in repair from all the common corruptions and in most of the cases you don’t need to use any other third party software.
The Inbox Repair Tool Diagnose and repairs the files. To use this you need to follow these simple steps:
- Close the Microsoft Outlook if it is open
- Double click/execute the Scanpst.exe file which you can find in the location system drive:\Program Files\System\MAPI\1033\95 or NT
- Now in enter the name of the file you want to scan box, enter the name of the PST or OST file that you want to check. You can also browse to look for the file
- You can also specify the scan log options by clicking on the Options and select the options you want
- Click on the start button
- After the scanning is completed, the errors will prompted and to start the repair process
- You can also change the name or location of the backup file created during the repair process in the Enter name of the backup file Box, enter the new name or click on browse button to look for the file
- Click on the Repair Button
- Start the Outlook using the profile that contains the .PST files that you had tried to repair
- Click on the Folder List under the Go Menu
- In the Folder list you can see a folder named as Recovered Personal Folders that has Lost and Found folder. Now you can find you file in the recovered personal folders. Items that are missing from the lost or found folder cannot be repaired.
- If you see a Recovered Personal Folders folder, you can create a new .pst file, and then drag the items in the Lost and Found folder into the new .pst file. When you have finished moving all items, you can remove the Recovered Personal Folders (.pst) file, including the Lost and Found folder, from your profile.